For Your Convenience

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Homemaking Notebook or Journal Part 1

Part 1: Find your inspiration and evaluate your needs

In the art of becoming and staying organized I have decided to embark on the creation of a homemaking journal/notebook. I haven't quite determined yet what the final product will be, but I suspect it will be a combination of these lovely and gasp sometimes practical versions I found.

The visual journal: 
This model is a visual diary type journal, plus one giant to-do-list. I think I would like a section of mine that has things like this, but to do the entire journal this way would be too time consuming for my way of life. 
Click here for an amazing tutorial from the original blog poster
The Three-Ring-Binder:
I don't think I will use a 3 ring binder and tab dividers in my homemaking notebook (As a recent college graduate I have seen enough of these for a while). However, I LOVE how this one is organized into so many sections. It never occurred to me to include something like bills in my homemaking notebook and I will be following this guide in organizing my notebook.
Click here for the original blog
My sections will be:
1. Keeping the house
2. Food (menus and recipes)
3. Money
4. Blog ideas
5. DIY  projects
6. Contacts/birthdays
7. Dreams (dream house ideas)
8. Journal section


** I am working on making the journal now, pictures and directions will go up tomorrow with part 2**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking an interest. If you have a similar blog or article, please provide a link with your comment, I will make sure to stop by.